Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Indigo Children

So here I am listening to "Indigo Children" by Puscifer (amazing personal music project led by Tool's Maynard James Keenan) and it hit something in the core of me. Every beat.. every word heard and every sound meshed so well together. I googled "indigo children" so I could find out every bit of it and came across a beautiful topic.

Indigo Children.
Believed to represent a higher state of human evolution. Distinguished by more conventional traits such as empathy and creativity. The term itself is referenced to the belief that such people have an indigo aura. A rare color of aura found in people only 60% of the time between the ages of 14-25. And more likely found in children under 10. Indigo children are highly sensitive with a clear sense of self-definition and a strong feeling that they need to make a significant difference in the world. They are strong-willed, independent thinkers who prefer to do their own thing rather than comply with authority figures. They are empathic and can easily detect or are in tune with the thoughts of others, and are naturally drawn to matters concerning mysteries, spirituality, the paranormal and the occult, while opposing unquestioned authority and contradictory to convention. They tend to think outside the box, and are often referred to as "system busters." Indigos allegedly possess wisdom and level of awareness "beyond their years." They are also said to have a strong feeling of entitlement, or "deserving to be here." Indigo children also possess defining characteristics in learning; indigos tend to be more visual, kinesthetic learners so remember best what they can picture in their brain and create with their hands. Movement is required to keep them better focused.

This concept intrigues me beyond measure. And the fact that it speaks so me in such a hard hitting fashion makes me think :
There are people out here in this mess of a world that are in tune with not just themselves as beings... but with all surroundings; truly caring for the quality of life on this planet whether it be nature or for all animal kind - humans especially. A people where there is such a strong connection to the earth, its own good, and true need to make it a better place. It is almost a necessity to impact this planet in a distinct and defining way. Don't we all want that? I know I do. I always think to myself, at least when it comes to my art... that not just me alone - but us - this whole new generation, indigo or not, can make a difference. We can make the difference that the past generations have tried to make with great effort but ultimately failed to do. We can get back to our roots as humans. As beings on a beautiful planet where there already is appreciation for the more beautiful things that we contain within ourselves and also have surrounding us. We - as a new generation - can lead all the rest of us humans into that state. People in older ages knew what was good for the earth and it's inhabitants. We've polluted it, and even though I love my grimey dirty New York City... it is not what life should be like here... anywhere. I'm not saying hey - let's, as a whole generation, go naturalist and hippie-fy the world... but they had the right idea. We can make a difference - through our music, through our art, through our minds and the intellect that we were all given as rare gifts making us as beings so superior. It's fucking up to us.

here are the lyrics to "Indigo Children" by Puscifer.

E.M.P. from the mother and son
tore the digital down
dawn of the age of the innocent ones

the indigo children
the indigo children come
the indigo children
the indigo children come
the indigo children
the indigo children come
the indigo children
the indigo children come
the indigo children
the indigo children
when the indigo children come
the indigo children
when the indigo children come
the indigo children
when the indigo children come
the indigo children
when the indigo children come
the indigo children
when the indigo children come


E.M.P. from the mother and son
tore the digital down
dawn of the age of the innocent ones

the indigo children

analog time piece sky wide
sync to the ticker inside
move to the rhythm of the moon and tide

the indigo children
the indigo children
the indigo children
the indigo children

Sirius, Venus. and the lunar child
(get your life up untied)
giggle and the flames grow higher
dance in a circle around a central fire
(dance and laugh and love and learn. Grow higher)

the indigo children

wine, song, food and fire
clothe, shelter and seed

no more need for the old empire
when the indigo children come

Sirius, Venus, and the lunar child
giggle and the flames grow higher
dance in a circle around a central fire

the indigo children

wine, song, food and fire
clothe, shelter and seed

no more need for the old empire(fare thee well to the empire)
when the indigo children come

the indigo children come
the indigo children
when the indigo children come
the indigo children
when the indigo children come
the indigo children
when the indigo children come
the indigo children
when the indigo children come
the indigo children
when the indigo children come
the indigo children
when the indigo children come
the indigo children
the indigo children

Sirius, Venus, and the lunar child
giggle and the flames grow higher
dance in a circle around a central fire

when the indigo children come

wine, song, food and fire
clothe, shelter and seed

no more need for the old empire
when the indigo children come

the indigo children come x13
the indigo children x13




it's beautiful. i'm going to make a piece for it.

3 comments:

C. L. DeMedeiros said...

I'm indigo
even when
I'm not blue
especially when
I'm red
in the face

All my steps took me to be here
right now

leaving this post.

Awesome blog
and ideas


Cheers

C. L. DeMedeiros said...

"I have
found
some
type
of temporary
sanity in this.
I have run full circle".

Amen
Amen
Amen

I'm keeping my balance here.

I used to trust my therapist
I wast precious time,
I love to connect and meet people and minds who think alike.

I have run full circle!

Curious Art said...

Gorgeous song, great ideas.